Currently, the situation is not conducive for setting a new date for a session of the Russia-US consultative commission on the Strategic Offensive Arms Reduction and Limitation Treaty (New START), Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said on Monday.
“Not so far,” the senior diplomat said, replying to a question about the new date for the consultative commission’s session.
“The present situation is discouraging for setting a new date, especially considering this escalation trend both in the US actions and rhetoric,” he stressed.
The United States is constantly provoking Russia, Ryabkov said.
“They wait for the moment that our reaction may lead to some disruption, which will surely not be the case, but the situation, the atmosphere, is also an important thing,” he said.
“Correspondingly, they should not expect business and affairs in this sphere as usual,” the high-ranking Russian diplomat stressed.