Member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council Mohammad Al-Bakhiti said the country’s revolutionaries will intensify attacks in the Saudi depth, vowing that escalation by the Saudi-led aggression will be met with escalation.
In an interview with Al-Manar late Sunday, Al-Bakhiti said the ‘Sixth Operation of Balanced Deterrence’ staged by allied forces of Yemeni Army and Popular Committees earlier on Sunday was one of the major operation in the Saudi depth in retaliation for the ongoing aggression by Riyadh and its allies.
“They (aggression forces) want a unilateral ceasefire by Yemeni forces, while granting themselves the right to advance in battlefields especially in Marib,” Al-Bakhiti told Al-Manar.
“We will be active on all fronts and will intensify our strikes in the Saudi depth,” the Yemeni official said, vowing: “Escalation will be met with escalation.”
In this context, Al-Bakhiti stressed that Yemeni people will be able to break the siege on their country only through securing Marib and its oilfields.
Meanwhile, he revealed that Oman is mediating talks between Yemen and US, stressing that Sanaa has delivered a clear message that Yemeni revolutionaries will go ahead with striking Saudi as long as the aggression is going on.
Earlier on Sunday, allied forces of Yemeni Army and Popular Committees carried out the ‘Sixth Operation of Balanced Deterrence’ against targets in the Saudi depth.
As part of the operation, 14 drones, 10 of which were Sammad III, and 8 ballistic rockets, including a Zulfikar missile, were used to strike Aramco oil refinery at Ras Tanura seaport and military targets in Al-Dammam city, Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree announced.
Yemeni revolutionaries have been in the latest weeks stepping up attacks against Saudi military targets in retaliation for the nearly 6-year aggression.
Yemen has been since March 25, 2015 under aggression by the Saudi-led coalition in a bid to restore power to fugitive president Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi, who is Riyadh’s ally. Tens of thousands of Yemenis have been killed or injured by Saudi-led airstrikes.
The Arab country has been also under harsh blockade b the coalition which includes in addition to the Kingdom, the UAE, Jordan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Morocco and Sudan.
Source: Al-Manar English Website