Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday he would cut short his US visit after a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip hit Tel Aviv wounding six Israelis.
“I have decided, due to the security incidents, to cut short my visit to the United States,” Netanyahu said in a video released by his office.
“I will meet President (Donald) Trump in a few hours and just after that I will return to Israel to lead closely the operations,” the Israeli PM added.
He described the rocket fire as “criminal attack”, and vowed to respond “with force.”
Netanyhau, who Netanyahu is currently in Washington, cancelled an address to pro-Israel lobby AIPAC’s annual conference on Tuesday.
Earlier on Monday, a rocket fired from the besieged Gaza strip hit a house north of Tel Aviv, injuring six Israelis. Israeli media said one was moderately wounded, while the other five had light injuries.
Following the rocket fire, occupation authorities closed their people and goods crossings with the blockaded Gaza Strip and reduced the zone in the Mediterranean it allows for Palestinian fishermen off the enclave, a statement said.